Happy Lunar New Year 2022!
This year, February 1, 2022 marks the celebration of the year of the Tiger, the third zodiac sign in the twelve year periodic Chinese calendar. We wanted to show our appreciation for Lunar New Year and round up some fun facts about silk and the importance of this holiday. The MYK Silk team wishes you a year of happiness, prosperity, good health, strength and many new reasons to look forward to the new year!
- Lunar New Year is traditionally celebrated in Asian countries especially China and any other countries with Chinese influence. LNY is usually celebrated with family and an abundance of foods. Its celebration can also bring parades, fireworks, lucky red envelopes, lanterns, and all the excitement to turn a chapter to a new year!
- Good fortune, health, and happiness are the main themes of Lunar New Year
- The origins of silk are deeply rooted in Chinese culture as it is an extremely valuable commodity with a thousand years of history
- In ancient China, only members of the royal family were allowed to wear silk because is silk’s status symbol
- Silk was a status symbol of class and luxury
- A qipao which is a traditional dress women wear during Lunar New Year is made out of various fabrics such as silk and velvet and comes in a variety of colors
- Silk is known for its beneficial natural properties. This means it is great on the skin and hair because it helps retain your skin’s natural moisture while helping it stay more hydrated
- Silk is gentle enough that it does not produce friction so it will keep your hair smooth and free from frizz and damage while you sleep
- Lunar New Year is all about upholding traditions. One tradition people usually do before LNY is to clean their homes to clean out the bad luck or bad energy
We hope you have a fun time celebrating with your loved ones, have a great Lunar New Year!
Leave a comment